Monday, March 8, 2010

Coconut Couscous with Greens

A quick and easy Monday night dinner... It seriously took me no more than 15 minutes!

Serves 2 

1 bunch greens (I used collard greens tonight)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sesame oil
1 cup couscous or couscous/lentil mix (Israeli coucous works especially well; I use a mix that I buy at Trader Joes)
1/4 cup light coconut milk
1 tsp. curry powder
salt to taste

Cook the couscous according to package directions, adding the curry powder after turning off the heat.  Remove the stems from the greens, chop and saute in the oil until wilted. Add couscous and coconut milk to greens and stir.  Add salt to taste.

I served with a veggie burger - but take it easy on the salt in the couscous mixture if you do, as veggie burgers tend to be fairly salt laden. Alternatively, toss in a package of diced seasoned baked tofu to make a one pot meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment