2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2 cloves garlic
2 22 oz cans diced tomatoes, low sodium, including juice
1/2 cup water
1 cube veggie bouillon
3 bay leaves
2 16 oz cans black beans, rinsed
1 10 oz pkg frozen butternut squash
3 ancho (chipotle) chilis in adobo sauce (canned), diced or pureed
2 tbsp cinnamom
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tbsp coriander
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tbsp epazote
3 tbsp chocolate chips
2 tbsp peanut butter
Salt and pepper
1. Saute onion in olive oi in large pot until translucent. Add garlic and cumin seeds, saute 2 additional minutes.
2. Add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and peanut butter.
3. Bring to gentle simmer and allow to simmer for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally and adding additional water if necessary. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter.
5. Serve with whole wheat or corn tortillas, or with cornbread.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5